Wednesday, February 2, 2011

best of show: ss11







So in honor of the fw11 shows that are slowly creeping up on us, I thought I would do a review of my favorite collections from ss11.

1. Acne - Loved how they played around with silhouettes this season. And just when I thought I couldn't look at another studded leather jacket, there goes acne churning out babies like these. So good. They also somehow strangely have made me want to start wearing red. And I hate wearing red.

2. Phillip Lim - Loved the moody color scheme and the play on texture and fabrics. And please don't get me started with those sheer sequined pants, though I've never met a sequin that I didn't like.

3. Ann D. - Two words: white layers

4. Calvin Klein - Perhaps my favorite collection of the season. SO FRESH. SO CLEAN. You go, Francisco Costa, for making CK relevant again.

3 comments:

  1. Love the post! I love Acne and Phillip Lim collections :D Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love acne and phillip lim ! really like the black and white (for the most part) palettes.

    xoxo,
    www.thelushfleet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete